Austin and Lily, "Our Story"

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Bartering in Guangzhou

Hey everybody,

Today we went in downtown Guangzhou to go shopping at the local market where we went to the DVD store and we bought 14 movies, all for only $40 US! Including some movies that haven't even come out yet, like Cars. After that, Rebecca took us to a Jade shop where I got me a rooster pendant. Dad also bought me a Jade dragon statue.


After that, we went and ate at the Pizza Hut and when me and Dad tried to find a sports store that we liked, we got lost. Finally after leaving the shopping mall, we came back to the hotel where Lily fell asleep and me and Dad went out bartering just outside our hotel. We got some stamps that are engraved with our names in Chinese and English and has a eagle engraved. Then I went and got a scroll with my name written in Chinese. After we came back from bartering, me and Matthew went down and played pool and video games at the arcade. We had so much fun. For dinner, we had cheeseburgers from Denny's bagels. After Matthew went back up to his room, me and Dad played pool for 30 min and I beat him 2 out of 3.


Tonight, Lily said Mama for the first time. I wish it was brother! And she screams in the hall if you chase her. She loves to walk and run and loves the stoller. She doesn't mind sitting in a high chair and hopefully, when we get back home she won't mind riding in a car seat.

Show me the money!


















Tomorrow we go to the Guangzhou Panda Zoo. I've heard many good comments about it.

Well, that's all for now. I'll post tomorrow after we get back from the zoo.

Love you all and miss you very much
God Bless
Austin

2 Comments:

  • Austin,

    You ARE having a blast in GUZ! I bet Lily Grace will say brother VERY soon. You are a great one!

    Sonya

    By Blogger Sonya, at 10:43 AM  

  • We are glad you all are having fun on your shopping spees!
    Lily is so cute, we can't wait to meet her!
    Max, Kathy & Emma

    By Blogger Max&Kathy, at 5:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home